Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Non-Wedding Fashion

I think I have a new addiction... it involves cutting and pasting every single picture that I come across. This probably doesn't come as a suprise to anyone who really knows me. In fact, when I was a little girl I used to cut out pictures from InStyle and Town and Country of all the fashions and makeup that I liked (I still have several manilla envelopes filled with images circa 1993). I also carried around a two pound, yellowed copy of Miss Manner's and prided myself on knowing the formal and proper etiquette for every situation. Like I said, I am a huge nerd.

So now here I am, throwing what will probably be the most formal and sophisticated even of my life... and here come the clippings!! But for now, in lieu of the dream wedding board which I am currently working on, I give you the women who have influenced me most.



Jackie Kennedy--I love everything about her, from her 1950s engagement photos to her later work as an editor. Let's hear it for tall, graceful, intelligent women!!!





Audrey Hepburn--I loved Sabrina. The idea of a plain girl going away to paris and coming back a sophisticate. I've had a weakness for boat neck, cinched waist dresses ever since.





And last but not least, my modern day favorite, Kate Middleton. As a twenty six year old obsessed with pearls and other classic pieces, it's great to see another young person looking like a lady.

No comments: