Saturday, August 16, 2008

If There's One Thing I've Noticed...

If there's one thing I've noticed, it's that brides change their minds A LOT. I feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only person who has changed their color scheme or decided that the "perfect venue" has unacceptably ugly carpet... But lately I seem to be flip flopping between two totally and completely different weddings; two weddings where the only constants are the Mr. and me.

We live in Las Vegas. Although we both don't really like the city and plan on moving very soon to start our family, there's a certain allure to The Kitschy Vegas Wedding. My dress is fun and retro enough that I can picture Elvis and a little white chapel, and I've always held the belief that if you take your marriage seriously, your wedding can be as crazy as you want it to be. Like I've said before, we're both nerds; we enjoy swing dancing together and he has enough fedoras to make Sinatra jealous, so having an old school 1950's chapel wedding might be very us...

Photo credits: Stephanie James Couture, Graceland Wedding Chapel, Wedding Paper Divas, black and white dance floor (please let me know where it's from), Style Me Pretty wedding of Kacie and Brandon, Lawry's The Prime Rib




BUT, and this is a big but... It's not my dream wedding. Being the anglophile that I am, my dream wedding is something out of The Wedding Date--a weekend long Pimm's Cup and gin and tonic fueled extravaganza complete with English manor and groomsmen in morning suits.

Photo credits: Peppers, Knowlton Court, Make Be Leaves topiary, Hello!Lucky invitation, Better Homes and Gardens Wedding Reception, drinks from Style Me Pretty, Coat of Arms ring pillow Gayle Warwick

Now do you see my dilemma?

1 comment:

Loulabelle Kent said...

Hi there! Just found your blog whilst googling Vegas Weddings. I got married in Kent, England in June but my hubby and are heading over to Vegas in February for a holiday and thought that it would be fun to renew our vows and have another little day to ourselves (how decadent).

I noticed from your biography that you like things to do with the UK. Pop over to my blog if you fancy looking at our English themed day that was held in our local church and village hall... I'm going to explore your blog more now :o)