Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Midsummer Glamour

One of my earliest memories growing up is of attending a wedding reception in a beautiful white ranch house with acres of rolling grass and a string quartet playing in the courtyard. Talking to my mother the other day, she guessed that I must have only been two or three at the time, but apparently it made quite an impression because I've always felt that string quartets and garden receptions are the height of elegance and sophistication. Fast forward twenty-something years and I have the opportunity to book that same venue. I think an evening cocktail reception in the courtyard and dancing to a jazz orchestra in the large main room would be perfect. Butter yellow and gray have a sophisticated, yet whimsical quality that's perfect for a garden scattered with candlelight... Throw in a few vintage touches and I think we might have a wedding that is uniquely us.


Photo credits: Style Me Pretty, The Lettered Olive, Martha Stewart Weddings, Style Me Pretty, Martha Stewart Weddings, Arriella Chezar tables, After Six dress, monogram cake(???)

No comments: