Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello!

I have to admit that this is my first attempt at blogging. In a frenzy of wedding planning excitement I have become absolutely addicted to wedding blogs, and who am I to turn down a good idea? I am the last of my close frieds to get married, which means that every BM has already been through this at least once, and I guarantee that no one but my mother really cares about my thoughts on themes, color schemes, and flower arrangements. With that said, I think that the more places a bride-to-be can express her thoughts and worries without driving her future husband nuts, the better.

My FI and I live in Las Vegas with our two boston terriers, Sidney and Murphy. We have been engaged for a year and a half, although we never set a date or involved many people in our wedding plans because we've been saving up to pay for everything ourselves. Now it seems like 2010 might be the ticket--enough time to save up for a house AND a wedding!!! Although it seems like quite a long time to plan, it gives me the time to work on some budget friendly DIY ideas and will also give me a head start for when I go back to school in the Spring.

Just one more thing... in a flurry of just engaged bliss I bought my perfect dress, and it has been burning a hole in my closet ever since. So here it is...











Please forgive the suspense, it's just to keep the Mr. from peeking.
















I said no peeking Mr.!!!


















I mean it!














My beautiful Michelle Roth polka dot dress!!

I have so many themes and ideas floating around in my head, not to mention pictures stored on my laptop... Flowers, polka dots, English gardens, boston terriers with festive bows, groom's cakes, favors, and the list goes on and on... Just you wait :)

No comments: