Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Your Love is Like a Roller Coaster Baby Baby!

Yup, that's the song that has been playing in my head for the past couple days... Wedding planning, with all it's uncertainties, family obligations, and ridiculous budgets is like a freakin' roller coaster!

We've been planning all along to get married at the Sheraton Anaheim.



How can you not love the English garden courtyard and white gazebo? Plus the Mr. and I stayed there on our first vacation together, and it's a great hotel close to Disneyland. Then I started figuring out our budget using Southern California vendors and including the things that matter most to each of us: gorgeous flowers and Chaivari chairs for me and prime rib for him. Really is that to much to ask? I stopped planning when I estimated $20,000 and just about gave myself an aneurysm... Since we're paying for this wedding ourselves, and I will be quitting my job to start grad school the same summer we get married, we have got to find a cheaper way to do this!

This past weekend the Mr. and I had the brilliant (and stress induced) idea to get married on October 18th. As in two and a half months from now. At an Elvis chapel.

That lasted for about a day before I realized that I was close to tears from the thought of not being able to have at least bits and pieces of the wedding that I want. We talked things over like a good soon to be married couple, and decided that getting married in Las Vegas wouldn't be so bad if we could find a budget friendly, yet classy place to do it.

Now the venue search continues...

No comments: