Monday, June 15, 2009

There is Still a Wedding in Our Future...

The problem is that with an uncertain economy, the issues with my family that I can never seem to be rid of, and a busy schedule of school and work, we've put the wedding on hold. I'm still attracted to gorgeous wedding magazines and flower arrangements, but it looks like we're now aiming more for the spring of 2011.

My going back to school has put a strain on our relationship that we've never had before. Twelve hour marathon study sessions really cut into date nights, and at times I felt like I was already married to my study partner and longtime friend who is also an aspiring P.T. Things have gotten better since the semester ended, but it made me realize that time management (and dividing up chores, bill paying, laundry, etc.) is something that we really need to work on. I have no allusions that life gets any easier (children, careers, in laws... you get the picture), so the trick is to learn from the tough spots and keep going.

I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the summer with the Mr., taking a few vacations, saving up for next seasons Ducks' games, maybe doing a little wedding planning, and reminding ourselves that we're lucky to have each other.