Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Christmas Time in Las Vegas!!!

I woke up this morning to... SNOW!!! Yep, it snowed in Las Vegas, and by the end of the day there were a few inches of perfectly white powder covering our neighborhood and the mountains nearby.

The freeway near our home


The Mr. and I had a very nice day of Christmas shopping in the snow/slush/rain, although by about five o'clock I was absolutely tuckered. It doesn't take much for me to "shop till I drop," especially with holiday crowds and weather that is best observed from under a blanket. Chilly holiday shopping always makes me want Vietnamese Pho, spiced beef broth soup served with fresh cilantro, basil, lime, bean sprouts and hot chili sauce to warm you up; although tonight I had to settle for a nap and a late sushi dinner date.

Thankfully our Christmas shopping is almost done, and now all I have to worry about is making sure my house is clean enough for company! But I did finally get the Josh Groban Christmas CD to keep me in the holiday spirit!

No comments: